On The Sheets Today
What is it?
Handcuffs, ankle chains, bed bindings and more; restraints are any form of product that is specifically designed to limit someone’s range of movement.
This is an important part of many power play or BDSM situations and most people come to kink through a pair of fuzzy wrist restraints.
Our ‘How To’ Advice
- There are so many different types of restraints that it’s important you get an idea of what you want to do ahead of time so that you have an end goal to progress towards in your kink play.
- Regardless, it’s always best to start small with something like handcuffs.
- The beauty of handcuffs is that they can be modified quite easily and allow for a fair few poses. For example, you can start by simply cuffing someone’s hands in front of them, but you could also cuff them behind, bundle the person’s legs close to their body and cuff around (in a pretence of further restraint), bind someone to a bed or a similar object while you have your fun.
- When selecting restraints it’s important to consider material. Some of the most popular materials are metal, leather, nylon, polyester, fur-lined (for sensation play), or synthetic leather substitutes (for vegans). Some companies also offer restraints out of paracord that you can make yourself. This permits a bespoke fit.
- Different materials provide different sensations and different levels of restraint. Soft minky handcuffs, for example, look and feel lovely but they won’t be as sturdy for hard play, whereas metal cuffs may be uncomfortable but provide more leverage and ambiance for heavy play scenes.
- Once you get used to hand or ankle cuffs then there’s nothing stopping you from progressing on to larger and more elaborate restraints. A brilliant transition would be full bed restraints, which are usually affordable and very similar to hand/anklecuffs.
What Are The Key Benefits?
- Restraints are one of the easiest ways to bring BDSM in to the bedroom and provide a gentle and safe way to explore one’s kinkier side.
- Many restraints come with built-in safety release features which something like rope does not.
- There is enough diversity with the different type of restraints that there is almost always something out there to interest someone.
- Restraints create a sense of creativity in the bedroom. A single object can change so much just by providing one limiting feature.
Some Extra Tips
- If you are the type that is cautious or anxious about power play then always make sure that you go for a pair of restraints with a self-release feature. Practice putting the restraints on yourself and removing them ahead of time. Better safe than sorry.
- Always make sure that the restraints you buy are compatible with your bodily measurements. There’s nothing more frustrating than the restriction you get from cuffs coming from a size issue rather than being bound.
Bringing In The Sheets
- Handcuff your partner and command them to make the bed using our sheets. The slight limitation in motion will add enough difficulty to add some thrill to the affair, especially if being carefully monitored.
- Bonus points if you’re using our fitted sheets and demand that they tuck in every crease and fold to perfection ahead of being rewarding with some time on the sheets.
- Why not combine our sheets with a bed restraint for a double-whammy of kink-encouraging play items. Just make sure the cuffs are as fluid durable as our sheets, because we know you’ll be wanting to create a splash zone!
Best Used For
Those just getting in to BDSM or kink. Those who want to explore familiar positions with a limiting element. Those who like power play, sensation play, or (when using the sheets) domestic servitude.